The UKWA Annual House of Lords Parliamentary Reception & Lunch is one of the most important events in the UKWA calendar as it provides members with the opportunity to engage with politicians at all levels of the Government.
This year’s event was sponsored by DP World London Gateway and UKWA used the platform to highlight the UKWA Manifesto which sets out the industry’s important place within the UK economy, the key issues likely to be adversely affected by Brexit and how the association is lobbying on behalf of members:
- Land Use, Planning and the impact of the House Building Programme – balancing demand of beds versus sheds and the movement of goods import/export.
- Urban Distribution – city congestion.
- Skills and Labour Shortages, Training and Education – logistics faces same issues as hospitality and healthcare sectors.
- National Infrastructure and Northern Powerhouse – will there be enough in pot for important major projects post Brexit?
- HMRC – Customs Regimes – clarifying frontier declarations
- HMRC – Excise Goods – improving and simplifying legislation.
Read the UKWA Manifesto here