Following the lastest government COVID-19 announcement this weekend, that those who can go back to work should go back, UKWA will be holding a free-to-attend webinar on Tuesday 12 May at 3pm to help businesses prepare as employees return.
Hosted by Associate Member and partner Citation, the ‘Back to Business’ session will focus on how 3PLs can now prepare to return to work safely and safeguard the future of their business.
Citation experts will also be providing a reminder of important new employment law changes and The Good Work Plan.
The webinar will look at current challenges faced by the industry during lockdown, sharing latest guidance on furlough, pay, self-isolation, holidays, risk assessments, hand hygiene, staff communication, working from home and legal responsibilities.
The webinar will run between 45 minutes to an hour, with opportunity for attendees to ask the experts questions.
Discussion topics will include:
- Bringing furloughed staff back – the right way
- Preparing your workplace for the new post-lockdown world of work (considering social distancing, Personal Protective Equipment, RPE and facemasks, and risk assessments)
- Structuring your business to ensure the strongest position possible
- Managing a workforce that expects new levels of flexibility
- Advice on handling grievances among returning staff
“As government starts to phase back in normal working patterns, UKWA is keen to support members – and the wider logistics community’ in navigating the process and avoiding potential pitfalls,” said Peter Ward, UKWA CEO. “As we emerge, the new ‘normal’ is likely to look rather different from before the COVID-19 lockdown and being properly prepared will be key to future success.”
Webinar places are available on a first-come-first-serve basis, so businesses are urged to register as soon as possible to avoid missing out.