Mental Health in Business
Working with businesses to create psychologically safe workplaces
With one in six employees experiencing a mental health problem at any one time, and stress thought to be responsible for almost half of all working days lost in Britain due to health issues, the relationship between the workplace and mental health is a complex one.
All businesses have a legal duty to provide safe working conditions – this includes ensuring that work is not causing or contributing to poor mental health.
Businesses that invest in a meaningful organisational mental health strategy have healthier, happier and more resilient employees- and see an excellent financial return on their investment (studies suggest ROI 5:1).
Most businesses want to ensure that they provide a mentally safe and healthy workplace but many businesses do not know where to start. UKWA Associate Member Mental Health in Business (MHIB) works with businesses to make sure they are complying with best practice in workplace mental health. MHIB provide the following:
- Guidance on workplace mental health strategy, in line with latest guidelines
- Support with creation of workplace mental health processes, documentation, resources and support pathways
- Accredited (MHFA England) Mental Health First Aid Training – in person or online (Adult course, Youth course, Refresher course and MHFA Aware course)
- Accredited (SFA) Suicide First Aid Training – in person or online
- Accredited (Menopause Experts Group) Menopause Training – in person or online
- Bespoke mental health awareness training workshops on a wide range of wellbeing related topics – in person or online
- Flagship mental health training for managers and leaders – in person or online
- One to one support with workplace mental health issues
- Bespoke webinars on a wide range of wellbeing related topics
- Mental health and wellbeing coaching
- Key note talks for events
- Creation of mental health related content
MHIB’s team are all experienced trainers and coaches and they have between them many years’ experience of running businesses – meaning that they understand the challenges facing all business owners today. They will design a bespoke solution to suit the unique needs of your business.
UKWA members will benefit from a 15% discount on all MHIB’s services – and MHIB will provide a free mental health resource pack to any UKWA members who purchase any of their services.