Training & Education
In response to the changing logistics landscape, UKWA is currently upgrading its programme of training & education opportunities. Details of new courses will be available soon.
- UKWA Certificates of Professional Competence (CPC) – Coming soon
- Classroom based courses – Members have access to a comprehensive UKWA-approved training and education program, designed to train and develop employees at all levels. These courses are delivered by the Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport (CILT)
- Fork Lift & Transport training – a range of forklift and truck courses for ‘inside’ the warehouse, delivered by UKWA Associate member Mentor, and transport and driver courses for ‘outside’ the warehouse delivered by TRG (The Resources Group), are available at specially discounted rates for members registering through UKWA.
Why invest in training?
Training improves employee retention and productivity that, when viewed as an investment rather than as an expense, can produce high returns.
Benefits of training and education at the work-place include:
- Improved productivity and adherence to quality standards
- Added flexibility and efficiency
- Increased job satisfaction, morale and motivation and reduced employee turnover
- Enhanced company image
Bespoke training solutions can be tailored to your organisation’s needs, offer the flexibility of being delivered at a time and location most convenient to your business and, because travel and accommodation costs need not be incurred, can be a highly cost-effective option.
For free advice on professional learning and development contact UKWA’s Training and Education Team.