Training & Education
UKWA has addressed members’ requirements for prioritising Training and Education through a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) with Westminster University.
TRAINING COURSES MAY BE UNAVAILABLE DUE TO CURRENT COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS
- UKWA Certificates of Professional Competence (CPC) – developed and delivered in co-operation with the Logistics Learning Alliance (LLA) are focused, relevant and designed to meet the needs of the sector. These qualifications are rapidly becoming recognised as the industry standards of achievement for Warehouse Managers and Supervisors.
- Classroom based courses – in addition to the Warehouse Manager and Warehouse Supervisor CPC courses, UKWA offers an Introduction to Warehousing & Logistics course in association with LLA, aimed at new entries into the sector. Members also have access to a comprehensive UKWA-approved training and education program, designed to train and develop employees at all levels. These courses are delivered by the Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport (CILT)
- Online learning – for those wanting to enter the industry, or for organisations looking to include warehouse basics into their induction training, UKWA offers an e-learning course of just 2 hours. Delivered by the Logistics Learning Alliance (LLA) in 4 bitesize sessions of 30 minutes.
- Fork Lift & Transport training – a range of new forklift and truck courses for ‘inside’ the warehouse, delivered by UKWA Associate member Mentor, and transport and driver courses for ‘outside’ the warehouse delivered by TRG (The Resources Group), are now available at specially discounted rates for members registering through UKWA.
Why invest in training?
Training improves employee retention and productivity that, when viewed as an investment rather than as an expense, can produce high returns.
Benefits of training and education at the work-place include:
- Improved productivity and adherence to quality standards
- Added flexibility and efficiency
- Increased job satisfaction, morale and motivation and reduced employee turnover
- Enhanced company image
Bespoke training solutions can be tailored to your organisation’s needs, offer the flexibility of being delivered at a time and location most convenient to your business and, because travel and accommodation costs need not be incurred, can be a highly cost-effective option.
For free advice on professional learning and development contact UKWA’s Training and Education Team.