Training & Education
UKWA has addressed members’ requirements for prioritising Training and Education through a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) with Westminster University.
- UKWA Certificates of Professional Competence (CPC) – developed and delivered in co-operation with the Logistics Learning Alliance (LLA) are focused, relevant and designed to meet the needs of the sector. These qualifications are rapidly becoming recognised as the industry standards of achievement for Warehouse Managers and Supervisors.
- Classroom based courses – in addition to the Warehouse Manager and Warehouse Supervisor CPC courses, members have access to a comprehensive UKWA-approved training and education program, designed to train and develop employees at all levels. These courses are delivered by the Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport (CILT)
- Fork Lift & Transport training – a range of new forklift and truck courses for ‘inside’ the warehouse, delivered by UKWA Associate member Mentor, and transport and driver courses for ‘outside’ the warehouse delivered by TRG (The Resources Group), are now available at specially discounted rates for members registering through UKWA.
- Preparing for Brexit: Customs Procedures & Documentation – with continued uncertainty around Brexit businesses need to understand how customs procedures and checks work in place, in case they become the order of the day in 2019, 2020 or beyond.Take advantage of a purpose-designed government training grant and book your staff onto a comprehensive one-day Customs Procedures & Documentation course for staff, which also looks at the differences between EU and non-EU trade. Delivered by The Institute of Export & International Trade, courses are available from January – March 2019.
Why invest in training?
Training improves employee retention and productivity that, when viewed as an investment rather than as an expense, can produce high returns.
Benefits of training and education at the work-place include:
- Improved productivity and adherence to quality standards
- Added flexibility and efficiency
- Increased job satisfaction, morale and motivation and reduced employee turnover
- Enhanced company image
Bespoke training solutions can be tailored to your organisation’s needs, offer the flexibility of being delivered at a time and location most convenient to your business and, because travel and accommodation costs need not be incurred, can be a highly cost-effective option.
For free advice on professional learning and development contact UKWA’s Training and Education Team.