Our Advisory Boards identify trends, provide expert insight and share knowledge and best practice. Those sitting on the Advisory Boards are drawn from leading practitioners in their respective fields and usually include a mix of UKWA members and independent advisors.
To keep pace with the needs of a changing and innovative freight and logistics sector UKWA currently has five Advisory Boards, which address some of the challenges identified in the Future of Freight Plan:
- Property & Planning – to cover the National Freight Network and respond to government’s call for evidence on planning;
- Energy & Net Zero – to address climate change, feed into the government’s Freight Energy Forum and support our drive for Solar PV on warehouses;
- People & Skills – to support UKWA’s work on training and tackling the labour crisis;
- Digitalisation & Technology – to promote the adoption of technology including IT systems, MHE and robotics;
- Young People – to support the industry’s involvement in the Generation Logistics campaign.
The Advisory Boards enable UKWA to respond to consultative documents from governmental departments on behalf of the membership; and ensure that the Association is equipped to provide the best possible up to date advice and support to members.
Please contact us if you would like to contribute.